Once a traditional print publishing house, G+J decided to offer its content online for free and use digital advertising as a revenue stream. Adopting dynamic allocation using DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange meant that G+J could integrate direct and programmatic sales across all of its inventory and gain system-wide visibility through a single interface. Today G+J is one of the pioneers in the German digital market.
- Offer content from portfolio of print publications online for free
- Finance approach through sale of online advertising
- Integrate direct sales and programmatic sales together in a single system
- Adopted dynamic allocation with DoubleClick Ad Exchange and DoubleClick for Publishers across entire inventory
- Embraced open auction, private auction, preferred deals and programmatic guaranteed
- Optimised whole mobile setup and inventory
- Doubled revenue from programmatic advertising using DoubleClick Ad Exchange
- Achieved tenfold growth in mobile revenue
- Consolidated systems into single login and interface
Every publisher needs a strong setup for programmatic with strong partners to be successful in the future.
— Stefan Schumacher, Executive Director of Digital Solutions, G+J