Gutefrage.net is Germany's largest Q&A website. The company's business model includes advertising on the site to generate revenue. When Google Analytics demonstrated that 40% of visitors were coming to the site from smartphones and tablets, Gutefrage.net quickly realised the opportunity to monetise mobile traffic, boost revenue and provide an exceptional user experience through relevant, appealing ads.
- Grow revenue from mobile traffic
- Deliver great user experience
- Show users the right ad in the right time and place
- Used Google Analytics to understand and measure behaviour by device
- Implemented style frame ads throughout site
- Increased spacing between ads
- Increased revenue from mobile ads from 6% to 40%
- Improved eCPM threefold within one week of implementing new style frame ads
- Grew total revenue by 50% with fewer ads on site
- Increasing space between ads by one pixel boosted revenue by up to 15%
- July 2015
In the past year we've seen an increase in mobile traffic by a factor of one and a half. This is definitely an exciting opportunity for us.
Dr Franz Graf, Senior Data Scientist, Gutefrage.net