"In using Universal App Campaigns to promote the MyVery app, Shop Direct both increases volume and reduces cost per install."
- Acquire new customers
- Drive incremental high-quality installs of new Android MyVery app
- Embraced Universal App Campaigns
- Used innovative and intent-led ad formats across multiple Google properties
- Ran, managed and optimised campaign from a single dashboard
- 189% increase in installs
- 53% reduction in the cost per install compared to previous standard campaigns
- 4.5X increase in conversion rate compared to previous standard campaigns
As the parent company of brands such as Littlewoods.com and Very.co.uk, Shop Direct is a purely online retailer with more than 60% of sales from mobile devices. With the ambition of providing customers the best and most personalised shopping experience they can find, the retailer has placed mobile at the core of its digital strategy.
To acquire new customers and drive incremental high-quality installs of the new MyVery app for Android, Shop Direct partnered with mobile specialist agency Somo. With the release of Universal App Campaigns in AdWords, Somo seized the opportunity to run a single campaign promoting the MyVery app across Google Search, Google Play, AdMob and YouTube in order to further increase its campaign__s effectiveness.
The results were dramatic. In the first 30 days, the campaign increased installs by 189%. Compared to previous standard campaigns, using Universal App Campaigns reduced the cost per install by 53% and increased the conversion rate by a factor of 4.5. By using the new Universal App Campaigns we were able to successfully drive increased scale and efficiency for our existing campaigns,_ explains Chris Howard, Head of Digital at Shop Direct. Its always on machine learning optimisation means we continually invest our marketing budget in the most efficient mobile ad product at any given time.