The marketing team at Plumbworld had been running their own Google Shopping campaigns, but were looking for new ways to achieve incremental traffic and sales for their online-only business. Plumbworld launched a project with PriceJoy, the turnkey comparison shopping service (CSS) from Sales & Orders.
- About Sales & Orders
- End-to-end Shopping ads feed and campaign management solution
- Launched in 2015
- About PriceJoy
- Comparison shopping service (CSS)
- Launched by Sales & Orders in 2018
- Certified Google CSS Partner
- About Plumbworld.co.uk
- Online-only bathroom products retailer
- Founded in 1999
- Reduce manual tasks such as feed setup and bid management
- Improve Shopping campaign performance
- Increase return on ad spend while maintaining lower average cost per conversion
- Generated and managed dedicated CSS product feed
- Created and structured granular Shopping campaigns
- 23X return on ad spend in less than a month
- 70% lower average cost per click than previous approach
- 4,000 new shoppers to store
- Doubled profitable revenue against total ad cost
With the combined power of PriceJoy (a Certified Google CSS Partner) and Sales & Orders (a Google Premier Partner), Plumbworld could begin listing their products on Shopping ads via the PriceJoy CSS rather than via Google Shopping with zero effort from the internal team.
By linking directly to Plumbworld’s existing product feed, PriceJoy ran the products through its feed tool and got them approved in Google Merchant Center. Then, using the advanced tools within Sales & Orders, the team created optimally structured Shopping campaigns with granularity.
“Since the very beginning we have been committed to providing nothing less than our very best for the merchants we support. Now, as a Google CSS Partner, we have an opportunity to go even further and do even more for merchants in and selling to EU countries. It is incredibly exciting to be part of such a grand shift in this market.”
– Gregg Hanan, President, Sales & Orders and PriceJoy
Thanks to bidding and performance analysis at the product level and automation within the PriceJoy platform, Plumbworld saw great results in less than a month of the campaigns going live. As well as a surge in new shoppers at a profitable revenue level compared to overall ad spend, Plumbworld recorded a 70% more cost efficient average cost per click than the old approach.
“The setup process with Sales & Orders was very straightforward and the communication and support was first class,” says Plumbworld CEO James Hickman. “To be honest, I was quite sceptical to start with, but the results speak for themselves – significant extra traffic at a lower cost per click and a return on ad spend of 23X!”