With Shopping ads playing an increasingly important role in Topps Tiles’ sales, the tile retailer was keen to take advantage of new opportunities to optimise their ads in order to be front of mind wherever and whenever consumers were searching for tiles. Aiming to achieve cost efficiencies, Topps Tiles worked with their digital agency partner to make the most of Shopping ads via Croud.
- About Topps Tiles
- Leading UK tile specialist
- Supplier of tiles and accessories to both trade and retail customers
- 368 stores nationwide
- About Croud
- Comparison shopping service operated by digital marketing agency Croud
- Increase clicks
- Make cost efficiencies
- Transitioned Shopping campaigns to Croud’s comparison shopping service
- Maintained consistent investment
- 57% uplift in clicks from Shopping ads
- 16% drop in average cost per click
Topps Tiles and Croud had established that Shopping ads were hugely important both in driving online sales and in boosting store footfall and revenue. Croud, a certified Google Comparison Shopping Partner transitioned Topps Tiles’ Shopping ads to the Croud website and platform in order to increase clicks and reduce costs. The process was seamless, with the full transition of Topps Tiles’ offers taking place within just 24 hours.
With Shopping investment maintained at the same level as before, Topps Tiles has seen enormous benefits from running its activity through a comparison shopping service. Looking at a four-week window before and after switching, the retailer recorded a profound improvement in both traffic levels and costs: Shopping clicks went up by 57% and the average cost per click fell by 16%.
“After a smooth and successful transition across to Croud's CSS, we’ve seen exceptional performance, which we intend to build upon further over the coming months.”
– Steve West, Digital Marketing Manager, Topps Tiles