Video is the smart way to teach consumers about phones. Though only 39% of consumers in the market for a new phone watched manufacturer smartphone videos, they spent up to ten minutes doing so, and often learned about a device they hadn't considered or heard of before. The icing on the cake? More than half went to the store as a result.
39% of smartphone shoppers use videos while researching and shopping. We partnered with Compete to understand the role of video in today's smartphone research process and purchase journey and found that as a direct result of viewing smartphone product videos:
- 64% of smartphone shoppers became interested in specific smartphone models
- 44% were introduced to smartphone brands not previously considered
- 36% heard about the smartphone product for the first time
- 51% looked for promotions or coupons on mobile
- 61% visited a store as a result of watching a product video