Explore real-time data to glean insights about consumer research, shopping and purchase behaviors. Make more strategic decisions about your marketing campaigns and ad spending.
These tools can help you learn more about consumer behavior
Explore search data to see which products and brands are popular in your category.
Shopping Insights helps retailers understand what shoppers want. With daily search data for 55,000+ products, 45,000+ brands, and nearly 5,000 categories across the U.S., you can explore what shoppers are looking for, compare competing products in your category, discover local demand for your brands and products.
Today, 84% of Americans are shopping in any given 48-hour period, in up to six different categories. Google is the first place they go to discover a new brand or product.
With Shopping Insights you can:
- Explore search data for over 100,000 products, brands, and categories
- Compare the popularity of different products and brands within your category
- Discover local interest in your brands and products
Find My Audience
Go beyond demographics to find the people who matter most to your business.
Find My Audience will help you:
- Identify new audiences that match your current business goals, whether you’re focused on building awareness or growing consideration.
- Get insights into your unique audiences’ interests, habits, and what they’re actively planning to purchase.
- Build your YouTube audience strategy with your free and shareable audience profile
How to use:
- Select the type of audience based on your business goal
- Select the type of category based on what your business offers
- Explore the audiences you’ve selected or edit your selections
- Add the audiences most relevant to your business to your audience profile
- Click “Get my audience profile” to receive your shareable PDF and start building your audience strategy
Google Surveys ($)
To find out what people think, just ask them.
Google Surveys is a paid service that makes it easy to get fast, reliable insights from people across the internet and on mobile devices, allowing you to make more informed business decisions, understand your marketing impact, and keep a pulse on the health of your brand.
Ask up to 10 questions at a time and select from a variety of question formats. Pick the audience you want to survey. And get the initial results within hours of fielding a survey.
On top of that, Google Surveys quickly analyzes your survey data and delivers it in easy-to-navigate graphs, demographic segmentations, and cross-tabs.
Tips, Tricks & Hacks
These Google products weren’t necessarily built for marketing, but smart use of them can help you stay on top of trends and insights.
Think With Google Search
Search Think with Google for data and consumer insights related to your audience, category, or market.
Google Predictive Search
A quick hack to see how people are searching for products and conducting research
Open an incognito window (so your previous search history doesn’t skew the results) for Google, and start typing your brand name (or your competitor’s). You might have to experiment with this one. Follow your brand name with the word “is.” Or perhaps try “My product vs.” to see the brands people think you compete with. Maybe type in “Where to buy x?” or “How much does x cost?”
You might also be interested in...
Culture & Trends
What's trending in my category or market? I want to find out what my potential customers are engaging with and searching for.
How do I stand up against the competition? What can I do to differentiate my company? I want to see how my brand compares against industry benchmarks.